
Hi there , Everyone,
Hope life's treating you good.(no pun intended).
Did you know that it was WORLD HELLO DAY, yesterday? (November 21st)It was the 35th WORLD HELLO DAY!
Well, I didn't till I tuned in to Radio 2.
It said, (I mean the radio) this event took shape in 1973 mainly with the intention of fostering peace between Egypt and Israel.
Today people observe this day to spread 'goodwill' , 'peace' and 'hope'.
All you got to do is say hello to ten people in their native language.
Did I give it a go?
Yeah, kind of...
Just in case you don't believe ..
Hello in Spanish is OLA, in Arabic it is MARHABA, in Urdu it is SALAM ALEY KUM, in hindi it is NAMASTEY, Punjabi- SAT SRI AKAL,and in Nigerian it is BOLE...
That's my list, I know I didn't reach the count of 10 :(
2 comments:
Well, let's add to that list then!
In Armenian, it's Parev. In Farsi, it's Salam (make sure you say it with a bit of a sing song, especially with the second syllable). In French, it's Salut. In Italian, it's Bongiorno and in Tulu, it's Namaskara.
That sure adds to your list, doesn't it? ;)
Wow, you are superb...a true multilingual. Thanks Lara, now I too can go about flaunting my little Knowledge..:)
Please keep encouraging me.
Post a Comment