Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

SILENCE

Hey , guess what?
I cracked a nut and a real hard one. We, the lovers of latest gizmos are not pawns in the hand of technology. Instead we rule them. We made them to serve us and serve they will. And, how did I hit the nail on its head? Well, here is the narration.
A few months ago, I happened to cross my path with an old fellow colleague from a sleepy little town that's nestled in the lap of the Himalayas.(You know what this is, don't you?) It's a pristine town where time's come to a halt, so it appears. Yes, this town has a special place in my heart so I tend to be carried away at times. This acquaintance and I exchanged phone numbers, e-mails, msn ids and everything that'd help us stay connected. And connected we were till last Tuesday.
The acquaintance furnished me with all the happenings in the sleepy hill. With people adamant to have their voices heard and presence felt, there's a lot happening there.
I, in turn fed him with what's new in the DESERT- my home for seven years now.
Just when the sharing is taking momentum, the acquaintance decides to DISCONNECT.
We've had our share of sharing so it's time to move ahead.
Keeping with the latest decision, we delete our contact details i.e. phone numbers, emails, msn- ids from our contact list.
So now we are Perfect Strangers back in STONE AGE living in Absolute Silence. I'm beginning to wonder if DEATH is this silent!!!
GIZMOS can do nothing to kill this silence. We have made a decision and so it'll be.

No comments: