Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Musings on the 'fall'.


Why on Earth did Newton not eat the fallen apple? Why did he ever have to wonder for the reason behind its fall? Why did he so complicate the act of falling and put us in a dilemma?
Had I been in his place I would have savored the fruit in all its goodness; that would have not just satisfied my appetite but saved mankind from ‘Calculus’ as well.
Unfortunately, now for Newton’s sake I have to wonder why the ‘fall’ is always perpendicular to the ground and constant to the earth’s center.
Meantime I also wonder where on Earth these findings will take me. Will I be ‘perpendicularly’ steadfast’ in my determination to meet my goals or will I halfway go ‘sideways’(unlike any falling object) instead not having been able to cope with the Universal law of gravity?
However, my sincere hope is that the gravity of my knowledge will keep me suspended perpendicular to my ‘goal’ and one day lead to the discovery of a greater theory that will confuse mankind further.

Now, am I not smart, Miss?

No comments: