Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

ON A MISSION!



Our days on this planet are numbered! We are but tourists or visitors; you can call it anything you wish! Having realized that, I have arrived at a conclusion of taking home (that’s my grave) worthwhile memories of this trip.
Yes, I’m on a mission to reach out. I’ve lived enough for my self now I wish to live for others.
It’s said,’ will it and you get it’. And, yes, I got it! Dubai Cares, a charitable organization gave me the wonderful opportunity to serve and today I can proudly say, the best day of my life was, 15th of January, 2009 and the best hours stretches between 4-8pm. That’s the time when the three of us, my son, husband and me lived our lives for those in dire need.
Being in Emperor Hall of DIFC with countless volunteers changed my opinion of people. Now I truly believe that there are many among us who ‘care’. A co- volunteer in my group commented, ‘this is the first time I’m doing something useful in Dubai.’
Another remarked, ‘this is the first time something good is happening in my life.’
I could have expressed my feelings too but continued preparing Hygiene Kits in stead.
I was on a mission and time was limited!!!

No comments: