Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

WINTER SPLASHES!



'The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.'

Hey, guys, join me in celebrating the third blissful showers on our very own plains. Yes, in the UAE they are 'showers of blessing'.The mighty splashes, the rolling thunder and even the dark black clouds are a sight to behold! The minute I hear the pitter-patter, I head straight to the balcony to watch the raindrop form a pool .At once I begin to compare the difference!
Had it been my hometown, there'd soon be chirpy birds bathing in them. In the lush green hills where I belong,the rain is incessant, monotonous and a wreck causing calamities one after another. Come monsoon and the paper reads of devastating landslides, road blockade and power cuts. Concrete houses are carried away like as if they were 'paper made'.Babies, birds and animals die in plenty. It's an epidemic contaminatiing air, water, wind, mind and soul.People dread it and I'm one among them.
The irony therefore is; what is a treat in one place is a disaster in the other. While people in the desert pray for the rain, in my hometown they crave for sunshine.
It is said, while in Rome be like the Romans and that's what my intention is at the moment. Nothing lasts forever, therefore, now that the rain is here, I'll dance in it, feel it in my vein ,let it penetrate into the very heart of my being ,savour it,so that this momentary bliss will see me through the sultry, dry, arid summer.

3 comments:

Susie said...

I have always loved the rain.
I remember as a child, I would listen to the falling rain. Against the window pane, the constant pitter-patter of the raindrops sounded like a million heartbeats and the world seemed alive with motion and commotion. Dances prepared by an unseen choreographer were performed by invisible dancers scattering leaves hither and thither in their frenzy. Flashes of lightening and rolling of thunder and the world was alive with anticipation in expectation of the unknown rising action and the inevitable denouement. It was an act like no other, a scene as unique as any that had preceded or might follow. The darkness was but a prologue to the brightness to follow and all the world was a stage. And I, standing at my window, knew this and saw the dancers and I watched them perform.
And every time it rains, I am a child again...

IMPRESSIONS said...

As for me Susie, I want the rain to do some sort of a 'Ritual Healing' by cleansing me of all my vices.

Susie said...

But it does. By rendering you once more a child, the rain restores you to a previous state of innocence and purity. You are automatically cleansed of your vices since childhood is the embodiment of virtue and goodness. So the question is: to be (a child) or not to be...
However, on a more serious note, the word, vices, is a big word. How can such a lovely person associate herself with such a horrible word? Should you insist on the existence of such impurities, I should be more than happy to undergo the painful task of hearing more on the subject...