Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Coffee with an ALIEN!


‘Will you believe me if I say I had a chit- chat with an alien?
 Will you not consider me strange if I say I had an alien over for tea?
Will you accept me if I say I enjoy the company of the ‘other?’…

An evening on the lawn beside a faint, shimmering pool, the setting is calm and serene, gentle, soft breeze brings in the balmy, lulling effect. The rustle of the leaves and the hustle of cars are the only two noticeable movements. The Sun kisses the land on the horizon; birds head to their nest and men return to their family, the day’s chores are done, now it’s time to retire. In a distance you hear the ‘adan’, an evening call for prayer. Yes, it’s a perfectly set evening, a time for reflection, submission.

The scene is set, flickering flames of the perfumed candle fights a silent battle with the gentle wind that in spite of its gentleness is in an effort to devour the ‘light’. Mats are spread and the group finally comes to its actual number of 14. We sit in calm and awe, anticipating. There’s a kind of urgency and  unrest as to what the outcome will be, for the fourteen here are together for a different reason. No it’s not a kitty party or a social night of dance and merry making. It’s an evening of establishing harmony. We wish to acknowledge the presence of all living beings with whom we share this plane. In particular we’d like to acknowledge the presence of the invisible, see them in some form and establish a connection. We though uninvited have resolved to  enter their realm in peace of course!
Therefore, this evening is an extra ordinary one. The session begins with an introduction of each other, general queries on the existence of spirits, forces unknown, on life and the future of the world. Finally, with an invocation of the higher force, the delve begins. At first it is the conscious at play, we submit our selves to our mind, the highest realm of thought, then as it takes control we are gradually oblivious of our physical surrounding. Senses are numb and we as light as air balloons. We brave it to the world of unknown and it is indeed exhilarating. 

In the vastness of space, we imagine opening a door, walking down steps, twenty to be precise, and feeling the presence of ‘the other’. We are now in the world of the extra terrestrial. I  invite one of them, any one of  them to show me his/her presence . I ask for a conversation, the mind hovers back and forth, back and forth. Music that was set to play at the beginning of the meditation is loud and soft, soft and loud.  In the excitement of the whole event, I confess being distracted, therefore I do not recall seeing any form. However, the voice rung clearly in my ears, a voice of assurance and my hands were profuse with energy. At the end of it, there was a feeling of contentment and inner peace. 

To what extent I rely on my experience, I cannot say, but I do know that the feeling was memorable, a thing to ponder on and explore. With time, maturity will definitely be attained on the galactic, the aliens and the extra terrestrial.

3 comments:

Kriti said...

Did this really happen???? My God - how interesting is that and so very well written - I have a thousand questions in my head now... tell me more please.

IMPRESSIONS said...

Hi Kriti, yes, yes it did happen and it was a different kind of experience altogether. The others confessed of seeing them but as I wrote, I didn't . The assurance however was very, very strong..they were or of whispers. :) And, now i feel kind of different, more composed, accepting and lot more positive.

Swati said...

Wow that is amazing....what did it say? I would have loved to be there and do that....