She’s a realization of a dream dreamt with all senses consciously awake. Standing tall she exemplifies an architectural feat achieved through meticulous planning, rigorous vigor and herculean labor. It’s history in the making; a fine piece of art adorning the golden sands of Arabia.
Shimmering in her pristine beauty, she is more a ‘model’ cat walking on loose grains, a ‘Naomi Campbell’, sleek and ‘chic’ to the core. She is a new definition to the word ‘beautiful’.
A class above and beyond, she is immaculate, precise and prestigious - in simple words, a finery.
The world looks up to her while she looks down at the world but in humility.
My experience of the Burj Khalifa will be one to treasure. I had seen, heard, read and lived through every step of her creation. Not all the time was I in awe . There were moments (many of them) when I felt she was far too steely and way too tall to adorn Dubai’s skyline. I was apprehensive and even angered to see constructors working at odd hours in the summer heat of the desert to fulfill a dream.
My distanced view had no liking for this tapered structure that was far too gray. Each day I watched it taking shape, my heart went out to the men behind and on the scenes putting their strenuous effort; the structure on the other hand always had a back seat.
However, walking on her carpeted floors was like an intake of a magic potion that at once transformed my opinion. Now, I’m all in awe and admiration for this piece of art. The refinement and regality of its construction and the smooth silk like finesse left me feeling good for days on end.
She’s made to impress , to catch everyone’s attention by day and night; you can’t help but notice her. Sometimes she is a thin ray of light, other times a glittering jewel. To her presence the waters of the fountain sway daintily.
She’s the pride of the land for many reasons and will forever be!
No comments:
Post a Comment