Looks like my ears want a break from hearing since what it heard on Saturday was way beyond its poor ability to fathom, accept and digest.
Now it'll do no hearing, not under any circumstance and that's a very critical situation for a teacher person like me. It's hilarious too! Imagine walking into a class of young, boisterous, enthusiastic and energetic lads full of exciting stories to relate to a teacher whose ears are totally blocked !!! :(
At first, they think it's a new strategy , an 'act deaf game' that I'm playing to discipline but then they realize it goes way beyond. Soon I see naughty smiles and naughtier gestures!
However, I have to confess that these young lads have been very supportive. Everyone wishes, 'Salamat' which is 'Get well soon' in Arabic; a sure sign of untainted heart.
On the other hand, this is a moment of utter frustration and I'm desperate to figure out why my sense of hearing is betraying me. Or is it a support?
Maybe it feels I need these days of silence as relief from those horrifying utterances. My grandma often advised me to be very watchful of my tongue; now I truly understand the wisdom behind that advice. The effect of ‘bad words’ on one’s brain is beyond any explanation.
Therefore, it may be that I need this silence, this make belief, 'NIRVANA' to come to terms with bitter reality.
But reality also has it that such a condition is abnormal and I need to fix an appointment with an ENT.
Now it is my turn to betray the sense.(
2 comments:
Hi Sunita,
I'm so glad it's just a passing thing and that you'll be all better soon!
And I have no idea what you're talking about in the previous entry about abusive language. Something (or someone) has seriously upset you...
Thanks so much Lara for your sincere wishes and the call this evening. I was at the hospital waiting to see the ENT. Yes, all's well, thankfully. I'm under medication and wont report to work tomorrow, the doc says I need peace and quiet so........... feel sorry to make others do extra work :(
But this time I'm really down by health. See you on Sunday, oops Monday dearie..nearly forgot about the Sunday off.
Take care..
Post a Comment